[plt-scheme] Stand alone executables

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 15 12:14:23 EDT 2003

At Mon, 14 Apr 2003 22:21:46 +0200, Katsmall the Wise wrote:
> My problem is I don't even get the choice for stand-alone, I can only
> create launchers (I get a 'save as' kind of dialog, not the one with the
> options Launcher/Stand alone)

We can't support stand-alone executables for non-`module' languages
(except those that can be converted into a `module' easy, such as
programs in the teaching languages).

The top level is too dynamic. As a result, figuring out which code goes
into an executable becomes impossible in theory, and we found it
prohibitively difficult to do well in practice.

So, the only good option for this kind of task to use `module'.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.