[plt-scheme] Continuation handling in web-server

From: Paul Graunke (ptg at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 14 22:33:09 EDT 2003

There is a macro anchor-case in the file
plt/collects/web-server/servlet-helpers.ss,
but it is not exported or documented or supported since we couldn't
agree on
the appropriate interface.  Shriram's remarks about attaching the
action to the
form instead of the button is the basic problem that leads to demuxing
on the server.

Paul

On Monday, April 14, 2003, at 08:55 AM, Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:

> Don,
>
> I don't think the relationship between (a) and (A) is that important.
> The real problem is being able to cleanly specify that different
> buttons go to different places in the code.  That in turn is a problem
> with the way HTTP is specified.  They should have associated ACTION
> tags with individual submission buttons, NOT with the form as a whole.
> Had they done so, it would have been easier to distinguish between the
> different buttons that the user could press.  As it stands, we have no
> choice but to demux at the receiving end.
>
> Paul Graunke wrote a nice macro for performing this demux.  I don't
> know whether he still maintains it or intends to.
>
> There is still the problem of generating the different continuations;
> that is tied up with the demux.
>
> Paul?
>
> Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.