[plt-scheme] changing the standard font in a list box

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 13 16:49:58 EDT 2003

At Sun, 13 Apr 2003 13:02:21 EDT, TheKoRnKilleR at aol.com wrote:
> I'm learning Scheme at the Uni and I've got a little problem with the display
> of my choices in a listBox.
> I'd like either change the default font of the string in my list box, either
> insert tabulations within the strings
> The problem with tabulations is that the result is only visible when
> displaying the string on an output, not when choices are visible.
> I can change the font of a string or a string-snip, creating a font% object
> but i don't know of to do with strings in a list box ...

You can change the font for list-box entries by setting the "control
font". This is a little clumsy right now: you have to set the control
font in the list box's parent before crearubg the list box.

Another possibility is to use hierarchical-list%, which is like
list-box% except that each item in the list is a text% (and, of course,
hierarchical-list% supports hierarchical items).

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.