[plt-scheme] Full screen graphics

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 13 11:12:27 EDT 2003

You might try this:

(define-values (w h) (get-display-size))
(define f (instantiate frame% ()
            (label "big frame")
            (width w)
            (height h)
            (style '(no-resize-border no-caption))))
(send f show #t)

under macos x, you'll still see the menu bar, tho. I bet it covers the
screen completely on other platforms.

When I've seen full screen games in the past, they were full screen to
cover over some other unfriendly change to the environment, like
changing the screen resolution or the color map. Typically, imo, it's
better to just make a regular window and let the user maximize it if
they want to.

Robby