[plt-scheme] bulding oskit kernel

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 9 15:01:58 EDT 2003

At Wed, 9 Apr 2003 17:57:30 +0300, prisoner at freemail.gr wrote:
> couldn't find any answer for this so i'm sending it here.
> after ./configure --enable-oskit && make i get the following error:
>
> ld -Ttext 100000  /usr/local/lib/oskit/multiboot.o \
>         -o mzscheme.multiboot main.o -L. -lmzscheme -lgc \
>                 -L/usr/local/lib -loskit_kern -loskit_clientos  \
>                 -loskit_freebsd_c -loskit_c -loskit_lmm \
>                 -loskit_freebsd_m -loskit_memfs -loskit_fsnamespace  \
>                 -loskit_dev -loskit_com \
>                 -loskit_kern -loskit_freebsd_c -loskit_c \
>         /usr/local/lib/oskit/crtn.o
> ld: mzscheme.multiboot: Not enough room for program headers (allocated 5, need
> 6)
> ld: final link failed: Bad value
> make[3]: *** [mzscheme.multiboot] Error 1
>

> room? for what?

No idea.

I haven't tried building the OSKit version myself for some time. It
seems plausible that MzScheme has grown beyond some hard limit.

What does the -Ttext flag do? (Presumably I knew once, but I don't
anymore.) Does increasing the number 100000 in the Makefile help?

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.