[plt-scheme] Compiling exp

From: Richard C. Cobbe (cobbe at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 1 08:41:11 EST 2003

Lo, on , April 1, Guillaume Marceau did write:

> With only --prefix=/home/gmarceau (and no PLTCOLLECTS), I expected
> modifications to /home/gmarceau/bin, /home/gmarceau/include and
> /home/gmarceau/usr/lib/collects

Only if the default installation (i.e., no --prefix setting) would
install the collections to /usr/lib/plt/usr/lib/collects.  With the
prefix as you specified it above, installing the collects into
/home/gmarceau/collects would be consistent with other uses of
autoconf.

(Note that I'm not arguing that this behavior is correct; I'm just
saying that it behaves as I've come to expect autoconf installations to
behave.)

Richard

Posted on the users mailing list.