[plt-scheme] plt-deb-taskforce and a compilation problem

From: MJ Ray (markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Thu Sep 26 06:02:28 EDT 2002

As I've been threatening to for far too long, I've thrown a web page up at
http://mjr.towers.org.uk/plt-deb-taskforce.html and started work.  I'm
probably going to be asking more questions of the list.  Sorry.

My first question is what to do about the build problem in bug
http://bugs.debian.org/161985 -- I suspect the suggested solution isn't
going to work, as mzc is in mzscheme which is built from the drscheme source
package, so how can we use it to build?  Obvious options are:
 1. Hack the makefile to use gcc if possible (should just be one sub? anyone
know the right gcc options?);
 2. PLT change the makefile to use gcc if possible;
 3. Give up on building srpersist... who wants ODBC anyway? (joke!)

Thanks for any help,
--

---'--[ Luminas internet applications http://www.luminas.co.uk/ ]-----|