[plt-scheme] Two short questions

From: Robert Bruce Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 25 19:10:33 EDT 2002

At Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:14:32 +0200 (CEST), Zbyszek Jurkiewicz wrote:

> I have two questions about DrScheme:
>
> 1. Is there any init file to be read by DrScheme (like for MzS and MrEd).
>    I need it mostly to conditionally set directory name of local
>    collections, useful e.g. during version change?

There isn't an init file for DrScheme, but I have considered adding
exactly that kind of specification to the language dialog for the
module language. For other languages where the collections are used
(PLT > MrEd, PLT > MzScheme, and PLT > Pretty Big), you can just put
this at the beginning of your program:

  (current-library-collection-paths
   (cons
    "/path/to/my/collects/"
    (current-library-collection-paths)))

If you use CVS, I've just checked in changes to DrScheme to support
this for the module language. See the "details" section of the language
dialog.

> 2. Check-syntax button does not like opt-lambda with rest parameter, e.g.
>
>    (require (lib "etc.ss"))

>      (opt-lambda (a (b 1) . c)
>
> complaining about it to be invalid.  Of course other tools accept it.
> Is it an error?

I am unable to reproduce this problem. Can you send a complete program
that demonstrates the problem and let me know what language you were
using?

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.