[plt-scheme] formatting integer in string

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 10 10:08:29 EDT 2002

At Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:14:00 -0700, Michael Vanier wrote:

> > Now if there was a real debugger...
> >

> Amen to that last comment!  That's the main reason why we're going to use
> MIT scheme instead of DrScheme this fall in Caltech CS 1 (not that the MIT
> scheme debugger is all that pleasant either).
>
> Mike

For the public record, I believe that a first university course based on fp
should not need a debugger. Something's wrong if they think they do.

Also: Mike had a private exchange and we agreed to disagree. So I am just
writing this as I catch up on email and find out where things were said for
the first time. This is for the benefit of other university-based members.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.