[plt-scheme] MrEd question about text% resizing

From: Erich Rast (Erich.Rast at t-online.de)
Date: Fri Sep 6 07:35:26 EDT 2002

Hello,

Thanks to the decent help on this list so far, I've managed to embedd
arbitrary subclasses of text% into each other in order to display
nested categories. It works like a charm!

But there's still some problem. I need some editors to automatically
resize when the parent frame% is resized. This is how a line in the
main editor could look:

editor1 editor2

Editor1 is just a custom label and editor 2 is a text input field
(subclass of text%). Now I want editor2 to automatically resize to the
maximum line width, such that both editors always fit on one line when
the main dialog has been resized. When being resized, editor2 should
automatically soft-wrap it's contents to the new size, unless it
becomes too small.

Is that possible? Sorry if it's in the docs,  but I didn't find an
obvious way to do it so far.

Thanks an advance for any help.

Erich.

Posted on the users mailing list.