[plt-scheme] I want the old help desk back

From: Paul Steckler (steck at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 1 20:53:29 EDT 2002

Brian Campbell wrote:
> It looks like there are plenty of people who would prefer no
> frames. Why not provide both versions? Would it be that hard to
> maintain two versions? Plenty of websites have both frames and
> no-frames versions.

I think most sites have opted for no frames these days, in
fact. I don't recall the last time I saw frames/no frames links.

But suppose we allowed no frames.  You do a search and land at a
manual page or some off-site content.  How do you get back to the
Help Desk home page to do another search?  In Google, I have my
settings so that clicking on a search result opens a new browser,
so that I don't lose my Google page.  We'd have to do something
like that so that access to Help Desk isn't lost.  Myself, I
dislike the plethora of browser windows on my desktop that this
approach yields.

-- Paul

Posted on the users mailing list.