[plt-scheme] I want the old help desk back

From: Paul Steckler (steck at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 1 18:28:16 EDT 2002

Mike T. Machenry wrote:
>   I don't think it would be displeasing at all. In fact most every
> search facility I've ever seen does this; Google included. You could
> also have one front search page and require using the back button to
> enter a new search. Some people may like that but it would definatly
> get tiresome.

Probably the reason Google does it that way is to accomodate
browsers that don't support frames.  Although Google's approach is
usable, I think having frames does look better.

But it's not the frames shown when searching that are giving
us fits -- it's the manual refresh stuff.  One way to get around
this would be to open a fresh browser to display the logging info.

-- Paul

Posted on the users mailing list.