[plt-scheme] new to list: need advice

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 31 10:33:18 EST 2002

--- Jose Pena <eddiepena at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have not completed the texts, but so far do not
feel
> I am doing real-world work - and need some
> motivation.
>
> Considering my level, what is the best way of
> 'jumping in'

Until you've attained a certain level of mastery its
hard to do 'real' work because you simply won't know
enough.  That said, if you are interested in building
web sites PLT Scheme has some excellent tools for this
and it is quite easy to get started  The builtin
web-server and the WebIt! toolkit are fine tools.
Compare WebIt! to Java + XSLT if you are familiar with
the latter.  However, doing whatever interests you is
probably the best way to maintain motivation!

Noel