[plt-scheme] handling user-breaks in MrEd app...

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Thu Oct 31 09:16:40 EST 2002

On Thursday, October 31, 2002, at 12:54  AM, Jefferson Provost wrote:
> - The editor can't keep up with my key-repeat when I hold down the
> backspace key, and I end up over-deleting all the time (1.2GHz Athlon
> running Debian linux).

Well, de gustibus non est disputandum, but let me suggest something
anyway; use s-exp key bindings for navigating and deleting
s-expressions.  I used to find myself holding down the delete key (and
even the arrow keys) a lot, until I discovered M-C-f, M-C-b, and M-C-k.
  Frankly, these are a big win whether you're using emacs or drscheme.

Just my opinion, and I will freely admit that insert & delete in
drscheme are not entirely up to par.

hope this is of some use,

john

Posted on the users mailing list.