[plt-scheme] Strange Error: TCP port becomes "full"

From: Sylvain Beucler (sylvain.beucler.fac at libertysurf.fr)
Date: Wed Oct 9 12:35:35 EDT 2002

Hello,

I use PLT Scheme v202 to make connections to HTTP and FTP
servers. It works well, until I download some Mbytes. Then
I get this eror:

tcp-read: error reading (Resource temporarily unavailable;
errno=11)

I found nothing about tcp-read in Help Desk.

When I used HTTP connections, I downloaded HTML pages from
a text URL list. With a 56k connection under Windows, I
downloaded exactly the same number of pages before the
error occured each time I run the program.

Today, with a dedicated (university) connection under
Linux Red Hat, I can download from 2 to 6 Mbytes from a
big ISO file located on a FTP server before the error.

The same file can be downloaded without any problem with
Netscape.

Any clue?

--
Sylvain Beucler