[plt-scheme] imap-get-messages for big sets

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 19 15:11:01 EST 2002

At Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:01:15 -0500 (EST), dvanhorn at emba.uvm.edu wrote:
> I'm retrieving messages from an IMAP server in the following manner...
>
> (let-values (((imap msg-count recent-msg-count)
>               (imap-connect ...)))
>   (imap-get-messages imap (range i j) '(uid)))
>
> Where (range i j) returns a list (i (+ i 1) ... j).
>
> I've noticed that for a range of length ~1900 or greater, the following error
> occurs:
>
>    imap-get-messages: no result for message i
>
> Any ideas on why this is happening?

Do you know whether your sever has a limit on the number of messages
for one request? If you talk to the server directly with telnet, does
it provide info for all of the requested range?

(I've never tried to download information about more than 1500 or so
messages at once, but I can't see any way that "imap.ss" would be
limited.)

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.