[plt-scheme] SGDL PDE

From: Robert Bruce Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 15 15:42:28 EST 2002

Thanks for the rationale.

At Fri, 15 Nov 2002 14:57:07 -0500, "Dominique Boucher" wrote:
> - Modifying DrScheme and selling those modifications means that you have to
> make those modifications freely accessible. We did not want that for some
> reasons. We may later revise this position. But in the meantime, we decided
> to develop everything from scratch.

Well, if you did develop a tool (to give you an idea, the syntax
checker, mrspidey, mrflow, the teaching languages and many other things
are tools) it would be a separate product, not requiring any
modification to DrScheme and thus avoiding this problem. I imagine that
the only changes you'd have to make to DrScheme itself would be bug
fixes (assuming you couldn't upgrade to our later versions) and
possibly exposing more functionality via the tools interface. In short,
I can't imagine that you'd have made many chages that would be
important to keep secret. That could could all live in the tool itself.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.