[plt-scheme] efficiency

From: MJ Ray (markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jul 18 14:57:04 EDT 2002

Adrian Kubala <kubalaa at mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
>> Other than the "neatness" of having a single executable, would there be any
>> advantage to doing so?
> Having a single executable is pretty neat [snip!]

Yes, but *other* than that, is there any advantage?  I'd expect if someone
submitted a patch that split mzscheme into library+startup binary, it would
get a fair hearing, but what's the motivation?  The lib isn't likely to be
that much smaller, is it?  It would still need all the .zo files with it.

> I was surprised too. My script was regexp- and list-intensive, though
> it seems Bigloo uses the same pregexp library as is provided with
> mzscheme.

Just checking the obvious: you are using compiled modules?  (.zo files)
Sorry if you already said that.  Otherwise, I'll just boggle and wonder what
happened.

MJR

Posted on the users mailing list.