[plt-scheme] slib packaging

From: MJ Ray (markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 16 06:34:55 EST 2002

Neil W. Van Dyke <neil at neilvandyke.org> wrote:
> to distribute a PLT package with dependencies on SLIB code, then having
> an "slib.plt" greatly simplifies cross-platform installation.

I suspect it depends what you regard as a "platform".  If you are using a
system with package management of its own, then dependencies outside the PLT
system (eg databases, SLIB) can be handled easily by that way.

If you do package a slib.plt, please do not modify the not-normally-modified
parts of the upstream sources.
MJR   http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   IM: slef at jabber.at
      This is my home web site.   This for Jabber Messaging.

How's my writing? Let me know via any of my contact details.

Posted on the users mailing list.