[plt-scheme] encryption?

From: Ryan Culpepper (ryan_sml at yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Dec 15 16:50:27 EST 2002

--- Doug Orleans <dougo at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> Has anyone written any encryption code for PLT Scheme?  I couldn't
> find anything in MzScheme, MzLib, or any of the contrib packages.
> I'd
> be happy with just some bindings to libc's crypt() function.  I
> need
> to do some web account management and I don't want to store
> passwords
> in plaintext.

spgsql has bindings for crypt() and PostgreSQL's idea of md5-hashed
passwords (I don't know whether it's standard or not). The code for
crypt() needs to be compiled with mzc, but md5 uses Jens Axel
Søgaard's implementation in Scheme.

You can look at the code in cvs at
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/schematics/src/libs/database/spgsql/crypto/

Ryan