[plt-scheme] slib packaging

From: Neil W. Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sun Dec 15 09:53:19 EST 2002

MJ Ray <markj+0111 at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk> writes at 11:53 13-Dec-2002 GMT:
> Packaging a PLT-specific SLIB seems contradictory to me.

Understood.  My motivation was mostly distribution-related: if I wanted
to distribute a PLT package with dependencies on SLIB code, then having
an "slib.plt" greatly simplifies cross-platform installation.

In absense of an "slib.plt", the documentation, support, and usability
costs would in most cases hit the threshold at which I decide not to use
SLIB.

(Actually, I no longer have an immediate need for SLIB, so this
packaging idea has been moved to the back burner.)

--
                                             http://www.neilvandyke.org/