[plt-scheme] http authentication?

From: Anton van Straaten (anton at appsolutions.com)
Date: Wed Dec 11 20:48:20 EST 2002

Eli Barzilay wrote:
> Which should not contradict using PLT...  It would be very nice to be
> able to do some scsh stuff, maybe even improve it to the point that it
> will actually be usable as an interactive shell.  I had started
> working on this at some point in the past, and will finish it at some
> point in the future.

I agree - even without interactive shell usability, scsh functionality would
be very useful.  I notice it's been on the PLT projects list for quite some
time.  An additional twist for widest usability would be to support Windows
without Cygwin, even if only with a subset of scsh-style functionality.  The
scripting languages manage to do this, more or less (although portability
often isn't perfect).

> The problem with both ways is that ps can reveal your password
> while wget is running.

Thanks for the tip.  Luckily, my friend's application is a low-security
scenario (download of stock price data).

Anton

Posted on the users mailing list.