[plt-scheme] I want the old help desk back

From: Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor] (sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Tue Aug 27 03:30:20 EDT 2002

>> I understand that the web browser may have become a burden to
>> maintain, but couldn't at least the old one have stayed in as long as
>> it's still working?

Paul> The old browser doesn't understand many HTML tags which are used in the
Paul> current Help Desk, FRAME and TABLE in particular.

Well sure, but this is kind of a circular argument, as the old help
desk apparently didn't need those tags.  Or is the new setup offering
some new functionality that I've missed so far?

Speaking of frames: Dillo is on the list of Unix browsers, but it (as
of version 0.6.6) also doesn't support frames, so choosing *that* as
my default browser is also kind of a frustrating experience.

Paul> Would it be useful to have separate browser settings for Help Desk than
Paul> for send-url in general?

Definitely.  It would also help if I could add new browsers via a
command-line template or something.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike