[racket-dev] A proposal for parametric opaque types in Typed Racket

From: Alexis King (lexi.lambda at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 29 21:25:27 EST 2015

I recently ran into a problem in which opaque types (types imported from untyped code) cannot by parameterized by Typed Racket. I initially encountered this problem in my attempt to port 2htdp/image to TR <https://github.com/lexi-lambda/racket-2htdp-typed/issues/1>.

After some further consideration, I’m interested in adding support to make something like this possible, which would certainly have additional benefits beyond this specific use-case. I’ve outlined my proposal here:
http://lexi-lambda.github.io/racket-parametric-opaque-types/ <http://lexi-lambda.github.io/racket-parametric-opaque-types/>

Any feedback, suggestions, or advice would be appreciated, especially from those who are familiar with Typed Racket’s internals.

Thank you,
Alexis