[racket-dev] Full transparency

From: Byron Davies (byrondavies at starshine.us)
Date: Thu Jan 22 01:46:10 EST 2015

Nice parry!  What may be straightforward to you may not be so obvious to
me.  But I'll take a look.

I'm deep into a project using Racket for weakest precondition analysis.
Every time I'm debugging it seems like I have to write another
special-purpose accessor, or export some existing accessor up through
multiple levels in order to get at the data I need at the top-level.  I
remember how easy it was with the Lisp Machine to navigate through data no
matter what it was.

The Lisp Machine offered total transparency, with no real way to protect
data, to the benefit of the developer.  Racket offers total opacity, to the
benefit of code security.  I'm hoping there's a middle ground, where
transparency can be turned on and off.

Byron