[racket-dev] Announcing Soft Contract Verification tool

From: Greg Hendershott (greghendershott at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 18 09:44:08 EST 2015

This looks really exciting!

Imagining using this reminds me of something.

Typed Racket has a simple/standard way to disable type-checking (while
retaining the type declarations for documentation value as well as
potential re-enabling): #lang typed/racket/no-check and #lang
typed/racket/base/no-check.

Is there a similarly simple/standard way to disable contracts?

Last I checked, I couldn't find one. So I think we each write our own
my-define/contract and my-contract-out sort of macros? It's not
difficult. But it's idiosyncratic. Also: tools.

Why not e.g. #lang racket/no-check, and a racket/contract/no-check to
require for use with #lang racket/base?

Although I guess a tool like SCV is more in the business of disabling
individual contracts; not so much whole-file granularity?

Posted on the dev mailing list.