[racket-dev] question, issue(?) with the scope of identifiers passed into define-syntax-rule

From: Alexander D. Knauth (alexander at knauth.org)
Date: Thu Jan 15 22:01:45 EST 2015

But I think it’s important that it doesn’t use gensym or something like that, it uses syntax-marks, which means you can break these lexical scoping rules if you want/need to by using either syntax-local-introduce or datum->syntax:

#lang racket
(require syntax/parse/define)
(define-simple-macro (with-tables stem body ...)
  #:with table-author-id (syntax-local-introduce #'table-author)
  (let([table-publication (string-append stem "_publication")]
       [table-author-id (string-append stem "_author")]
       [table-bridge-publication-author (string-append stem "_bridge_publication_author")]
       [table-unique-counters (string-append stem "_unique_counters")]
       )
    body ...
    ))
(with-tables "x" table-author) ;”x_author"