[racket-dev] pkgs.racket-lang.org

From: Jay McCarthy (jay.mccarthy at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 26 20:01:34 EDT 2014

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 7:26 PM, Jan Dvořák <mordae at anilinux.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> about the <http://pkgs.racket-lang.org/> - the site is getting rather large.
> Wouldn't server-side filtering work better than the client javascript
> solution?

You are finding it slow?

> Plus I often have trouble submitting new packages, the form could easily be
> done in the traditional way and the experience would be much better. Adding
> a package would be an atomic operating, unlike the current situation where I
> have to fill out some fields three times before they register correctly.

What do you mean by that? You should only have to fill out a field one
time correctly. If you're saying that you add one field and it doesn't
work, then there's a problem.

As far as making it one operation, that's something I may do shortly.

Jay

--
Jay McCarthy
http://jeapostrophe.github.io

           "Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing,
      for ye are laying the foundation of a great work.
And out of small things proceedeth that which is great."
                          - D&C 64:33

Posted on the dev mailing list.