[racket-dev] Racket build crashes on CGC mode

From: Asumu Takikawa (asumu at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 8 14:39:52 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I've found a reproducible crash while building Racket using the CGC mode
on my Linux machine:

  $ ../configure --enable-cgcdefault --enable-sgc
  $ make && make install

  [... output ...]

  raco setup: 2 making: <collects>/file
  While receiving message from parallel-do worker 0 UNKNOWN::98: read:
  bad syntax `#<'
  Makefile:178: recipe for target 'install-cgc' failed
  make[1]: *** [install-cgc] Error 1
  make[1]: Leaving directory
  '/home/asumu/plt/racket-sgc/racket/src/build'
  Makefile:86: recipe for target 'install' failed
  make: *** [install] Error 2
  $ WORKER SEND MESSAGE ERROR: error writing to stream port
    system error: Broken pipe; errno=32
  WORKER SEND MESSAGE ERROR: error writing to stream port
    system error: Broken pipe; errno=32
  WORKER SEND MESSAGE ERROR: error writing to stream port
    system error: Broken pipe; errno=32
  WORKER SEND MESSAGE ERROR: error writing to stream port
    system error: Broken pipe; errno=32

(I don't actually need to use CGC, but I was just curious to see what
 would happen)

Cheers,
Asumu

Posted on the dev mailing list.