[racket-dev] Errors compiling on cygwin

From: Saurabh T (saurabh at hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 30 20:42:19 EDT 2014

 Hi,

I downloaded racket-6.1-src-builtpkgs.tgz. According to src/README, this
should be compilable on cygwin with --enable-shared. I did not have
success doing so.

The first problem was dynsrc/mzdyn.c failed to
compile due to "expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘(’ token"
error at schemex.h:1004. The line here reads
(*scheme_jit_find_code_end)(void *p);
I grepped some and stuck a void* in front of it, and compilation went ahead.

But then it failed with "'WINDOWS_DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE' undeclared (first use in this function)" at eval.c:546
intptr_t sz = WINDOWS_DEFAULT_STACK_SIZE;

 am at a loss at this point. Is racket not expected to compile on
cygwin? If so, can someone remove the cygwin parts in src/README?

Thank you.

Posted on the dev mailing list.