[racket-dev] Release Announcement for v6.1.1, Second Draft

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at cs.indiana.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 29 15:35:26 EDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Ryan Culpepper <ryanc at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> * Exception handling changed to be safe. This may break existing
>   programs that rely on unsafe behavior.
>
> * Casts and predicates are supported in typed regions.

I think these two bullets (esp the first one) need to make clear that
they're about Typed Racket.

How about:

* Typed Racket's rules for exception handlers are now more
restrictive, as required for safety. This may cause type errors for
existing programs that rely on unsafe behavior.
* Typed Racket now supports casts and predicates in typed regions.

Sam

Posted on the dev mailing list.