[racket-dev] Splitting the Racket repository

From: Greg Hendershott (greghendershott at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 30 16:13:25 EST 2014

Sam gave me a heads-up on IRC.

> Also, DrDr now builds several packages that it didn't before: the
> s3-sync, sha, http, and aws packages. Currently, these packages have
> some test failures, but we hope to fix that soon.

I'm responsible for aws, http, and sha. I'm working on this.

I'm close to merging some commits[^1] to aws/master. Will look at http
and sha after that.

Also this is an opportunity to set up aws to be built by Travis
CI[^2]. If tests sneak back in that would fail on DrDr, they should
fail for the same reason on Travis as an early warning for me.  (The
basic issue is that I have tests that actually interact with AWS, but
these need credentials and cost $ so they need to be skipped in
scenarios like DrDr and Travis CI. Some other tests can still be run,
and will be.)

[^1]: https://github.com/greghendershott/aws/commits/drdr

[^2]: https://travis-ci.org/greghendershott/aws/builds/42570181

Posted on the dev mailing list.