[racket-dev] Line editing in the default REPL

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at cs.indiana.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 24 18:02:45 EST 2014

My understanding of the licensing issues is that if the code works with
both "libeditline" and "libreadline" then it isn't a derived work of
readline, and therefore could be licensed under the LGPL, like the rest of
Racket. Furthermore, turning use of "libeditline" on by default wouldn't be
linking to any GPL code, meaning that we could do that by default.

I think we should split up the `readline` collection into `readline` and
`readline/base` which would be what's compatible with editline, and have
xrepl in a `readline/base` mode on by default.

Sam