[racket-dev] Unlucky with Racket 6.0 (2/2)

From: Paulo Matos (paulo at matos-sorge.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 05:04:08 EDT 2014

On 13/03/14 03:38, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> At Wed, 12 Mar 2014 23:14:14 +0000, Paulo Matos wrote:
>> However, I notice a top-level Makefile in racket/, after taking a peek
>> and reading INSTALL.txt it seems that now I need to use this Makefile to
>> build everything.
>>
>> So, I try (as mentioned in the INSTALL.txt):
>> make in-place
>>
>> in-place is not a target.
>
> I'm stumped on this one. Is `in-place` not on line 38 of your copy of
> "Makefile"?

I have no good explanation for what I did yesterday. Today it works. My
guess is that I was doing it inside racket/racket and didn't notice I
was in the wrong directory. I wish bash history could provide me with
the cwd I was at when I ran a command. Sorry for this.

>> Trying just `make` builds racket in place successfully. I get the same
>> SEGFAULT mentioned in my previous post with same title.
>>
>> Is there a way to compile this with debug information?
>
> You can provide flags like `--enable-noopt` via `CONFIGURE_ARGS_qq'.
>
> But I've set up a 32-bit Kubuntu VM and I can replicate the crash
> there, so I'll investigate more.

Excellent, that's good news. The crash here happens on a 64bit Kubuntu btw.

Thanks,

--
PMatos