[racket-dev] "make clean" target for top-level makefile?

From: Tony Garnock-Jones (tonyg at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 11 14:44:34 EDT 2014

On 03/11/2014 01:50 PM, John Clements wrote:
> I just had a problem compiling Racket which was successfully resolved
> by axing the racket/build subdirectory. Would in make sense to have a
> “clean” target for the top-level makefile that does this
> automatically?

As an aside, without wishing to comment on possible makefile changes,
I've been using "git clean -fxd" to sterilize a built checkout with good
results for a few years now.

(Of course, it wipes out ALL untracked files and directories, not just
the build/ directory.)

Cheers,
  Tony

Posted on the dev mailing list.