[racket-dev] 2htdp/image Feature Suggestion

From: Kevin Forchione (lysseus at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 12:03:27 EDT 2014

On Jun 22, 2014, at 10:35 PM, Asumu Takikawa <asumu at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> On 2014-06-22 20:27:21 -0700, Kevin Forchione wrote:
>>   Thanks! Is there any documentation or guide on which *styles* to prefer in
>>   writing Racket code? I find myself scratching my head at times in these
>>   matters!
>
> In recent Racket distributions and online docs there's now a style
> manual:
>
>  http://docs.racket-lang.org/style/index.html
>
> Cheers,
> Asumu

That’s just what the doctor ordered :)

I’ve only skimmed the manual so far, but see it doesn’t address one of my questions: whether and when to favor functions such as first/rest/empty?, etc., over the Lisp-y car/cdr/null?, etc. I have noticed that some of these functions are list-specific and perhaps they’re to be preferred when working specifically with lists?

-Kevin