[racket-dev] Questions about the GC code

From: Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado (iam at juanfra.info)
Date: Mon Jul 14 22:37:45 EDT 2014

I've been reading the code of the files gc/os_dep.c and
gc/include/private/gcconfig.h. I've some questions related to OpenBSD.

---

In the X86_64 config, the file defines STACKBOTTOM and HEURISTIC2
(unused because racket picks STACKBOTTOM). What's the preferred?. I'm
asking because I don't know if the adding of HEURISTIC2 was an error or
really there a good reason to select one or other.

---

There is some recommended benchmark to test the performance of MMAP vs
sbrk? I've tried both with generic code and I don't see the difference.

---

OpenBSD only supports MIPS64. Should I add ELFCLASS64 to the MIPS block
within gcconfig.h?

Posted on the dev mailing list.