[racket-dev] current packages' docs, errors, and conflicts

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 8 08:14:47 EDT 2014

At Tue, 08 Jul 2014 14:08:27 +0200, Jan Dvořák wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-07-08 at 12:46 +0100, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> > The rightmost column of the table may need some explanation. The column
> > highlights conflicts among names of package-installed executables,
> > foreign libraries, and documents. Currently, all the conflicts are
> > document names, because several packages have a documents named simply
> > "manual" or "main".
>
> Can you provide some guidelines on docs naming?
> I am responsible for half of the conflicts. :-)

A package "X" that provides a collection "X" of the same name should
probably also call its documentation "X".

If the package provides both "guide" and "reference" documentation,
then "X-guide" and "X-reference" are good choices.

Thanks for looking into this! I've recently updated the Racket
documentation, but I expect that more is needed. As far as I can tell,
nothing in our documentation previously suggested that documentation
names needs to be distinct.

Posted on the dev mailing list.