[racket-dev] for loops with interleaved escape continuations

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Wed Jul 2 08:26:33 EDT 2014

Loop syntax and sugar is fine.  And having "#:continue" and "#:break"
keywords at the top of the form is sufficient warning of surprises
ahead, IMHO.

I do have a minor ongoing concern that people coming from other
languages lately latch onto the "for" family of forms from the start,
don't get enough exposure to named-"let", and/or mutually/self-recursive
procedures, and then end up shoehorning problems into the "for" forms
(with flag variables and redundant checks and such).  "break" and
"continue" can be good shoehorns.

I still half-seriously like the idea of having unlockable language
feature achievements, like unlockable equipment in video games.  I might
play with that idea soon.

Neil V.