[racket-dev] Can't change plot in DrRacket without getting link errors

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 3 20:02:41 EST 2014

I do this:

  * In DrRacket, open "pkgs/plot-pkgs/plot-lib/plot/private/common/draw.rkt"

  * Make a small change, save

  * At the command line, "racket/bin/raco setup --no-docs -l plot"

  * Run a test file in another tab in DrRacket that has (require plot)

I wait a long time (I think it's recompiling) and get this error:

link: bad variable linkage;
  reference to a variable that has the wrong procedure or structure-type
shape
   reference phase level: 0
   variable module:
"/home/neil/plt/pkgs/plot-pkgs/plot-lib/plot/private/common/draw.rkt"
   variable phase: 0
   reference in module:
"/home/neil/plt/pkgs/plot-pkgs/plot-gui-lib/plot/private/gui/plot2d.rkt"
in: draw-bitmap

So I remove the "compiled" directory and try again. Same problem.

Here's the kicker: I always get link errors *until I close "draw.rkt" in
DrRacket*. After that, I can remove the "compiled" directory, rebuild,
and run the program without errors.

Does anybody know what's going on?

Neil ⊥

Posted on the dev mailing list.