[racket-dev] raco pkg update: command line arguments change?

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 16 10:52:53 EDT 2013

Hi all: after a confusing bout with 'raco pkg update' where it refused to
update to my packages (because I misunderstood the command-line arguments
syntax), I'd like to propose a change.

Currently, 'raco pkg update PKG ...' means "update only the packages named
"PKG ..." which, in the degenerate case of just saying 'raco pkg update'
with no arguments means "update nothing".

So, I'd like to change things so that passing no arguments is equivalent to
passing the current "-a" argument, ie it means update all of the installed
packages. And meanwhile, since the current behavior is useful in scripts,
I'd add a "--pkgs" argument that means "update only the packages listed on
the command line".

Any opinions on this change?

Robby