[racket-dev] Looking for volunteer(s)

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Oct 4 09:30:48 EDT 2013

Yesterday, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> I'm looking for someone to take over mailing list moderation and
> possibly other similar work like monitoring newsgroups etc.

To clarify this a little:

* The workload is very small -- Mailman has a web interface and an
  email one for doing moderation; but since I find these interactions
  cumbersome, I have a script that I run once every one to three days.
  And since the script is in racket, you can really hook it up to
  anything that is convenient.

* It's really something that should be done by someone on one of the
  plt groups, since you'll need to know how to filter academic calls
  that are relevant or not, how to authorize pending requests to the
  edu lists, and you'll need to moderate some internal lists.  It's
  also better if it's taken by someone who is actively reading the
  mailing lists, so you know when some pending post has already been
  sent since the sender subscribed and re-sent their email.

* The other monitors are for keeping track of things in general and
  "be present" whenever needed.  (This is why the newsgroup monitor is
  a good example: announcing releases there is still very useful, but
  doing so without tracking followups is not a good idea.)

Still waiting,