[racket-dev] reading :foo as keyword in Racket 6.0?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Wed Nov 6 07:23:15 EST 2013

Any chance that 6.0 will read symbols beginning with ":" (other than ":"
exactly) as keywords?

(I was thinking that a major version number might be a good time to do
this change, in case anyone is concerned that the change might break
some code somewhere.  IIRC, someone said there was a SRFI implementation
that kludged its own keywords from symbols and might need a small tweak
be affected by this change.  Racket could continue to *write* keywords
with "#:" for now, if that makes the change easier.)

P.S., This change would make this the most magical holiday season ever.

Neil V.

Posted on the dev mailing list.