[racket-dev] else clauses: possible change to match?

From: Sam Tobin-Hochstadt (samth at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri May 3 10:39:47 EDT 2013

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 10:22 AM, Robby Findler
<robby at eecs.northwestern.edu> wrote:

> For this kind of thing, my preference would be to change match than to issue
> a warning. I don't like warnings that are basically admitting weaknesses in
> the language design.... Of course, changing a core thing like that may be
> more trouble than it is worth, due to backwards compatibility concerns,
> which is why I think it is worth raising here to see what others think.

I'm happy to make this change to `match`, except that I've heard
Matthew say that he would have used a keyword for `else` in `cond` if
he had it to do over again, and I wouldn't want to change one way, and
then change back.

Sam

Posted on the dev mailing list.