[racket-dev] ready for the package switch?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 18 12:47:01 EDT 2013

Here's the latest (in a "pkg2" branch):

 https://github.com/mflatt/racket/tree/pkg2

Because this change will break all sorts of things in the short run,
I'd like to feel more confident that enough of us are ready before
merging it to the main Racket repository.

So, vote in favor of the reorganization like this:

 1. Try the branch:

      git clone https://github.com/mflatt/racket.git
      cd racket
      git checkout pkg2
      make
      racket/bin/drracket

 2. Reply to the list to say that it works and we should merge it.

 3. If you have code in "pkgs", be ready to help get that code into the
    right shape/packages after the merge.

Thanks!

(We haven't yet changed anything about single-collection versus
multi-collection packages. That's currently planned for right after the
merge.)

Posted on the dev mailing list.