[racket-dev] version 5.3.5 release, ready for testing

From: Laurent (laurent.orseau at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 17 06:21:27 EDT 2013

Here is some feedback. I did not read the book, so please ignore whatever
is meaningless.

Tested on (uname -a):
Linux UX31A 3.8.0-23-generic #34-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 29 20:22:58 UTC 2013
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Ubuntu 13.04

Drracket starts, no problem. Games could run without major problem.

Just some typos and minor comments:

chapter2/source.rkt and chapter5/source.rkt :
"you uessed it".  -> "guessed"

Chapter 5:
guess game:
quit with q does not close the frame (maybe normal?) and has the same
behavior as =.

ufo:
The ufo "crashes" in the bottom of the frame. May be better if it "lands"
properly?
Check-syntax is activated, but does not handle non-pure text files, and
thus displays an error message. Might be confusing for a beginner?

Chapter 6:
source.rkt:
qiuckly -> quickly
"BUG? << --" to be removed?

Chapter 8:
n does not start a new game

Otherwise, looks like a lot of fun! I wish my teachers had used RoR for
teaching us PLT Scheme ;)

If anyone likes to play Dice of Doom, it has an improved version to which
many hours of my PhD studentship got lost:
http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/dice/dice.html

Laurent