[racket-dev] Project Idea to port Paredit mode to DrRacket.

From: Mayank Jain (firesofmay at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 8 14:36:21 EDT 2013

Hi,

I am participating in "Lisp in Summer Project"[0]. & Recently I stated
doing this course on coursera[1], and I realized that there is no
equivalent of paredit[2] mode in DrRacket (atleast I couldn't find anything
of that sort).

And I was wondering if I could work on porting it. Can anyone guide me into
what is possible? What I should be looking at etc?

I am a noob in Clojure and have basic familiarity with Emacs.
I love paredit[3], and I find that very crucial to using lisp dialects and
I found it very hard to work without it in DrRacket.
So was wondering about this idea.

Any feedback, suggestions, criticism etc would be great.

Thanks,
Mayank.

[0] : http://lispinsummerprojects.org/
[1] : https://class.coursera.org/programdesign-001/