[racket-dev] raco pkg install should default to linking for filesystem packages

From: Tony Garnock-Jones (tonyg at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 31 14:38:56 EDT 2013

On 07/31/2013 02:24 PM, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> I think it often
> makes sense for command-line tools to have weird rules[*],

I agree with you. UIs have to be humane and ergonomic for our weak,
squishy meat-bodies to cope. (Though of course the underlying model has
to be sensible too ;-) )

> especially if there's a flag to enable more consistent rules.

Right, to expose a "machine" interface to the raw underlying model.
Porcelain and plumbing.

> So `--link' could be the default, while `--copy' (?) could disable
> special handling of directory sources?

That sounds fine. I mean, I am unlikely to ever use --copy, but whatever
makes sense to expose in terms of the underlying model.

Cheers,
   Tony

Posted on the dev mailing list.