[racket-dev] package-system update

From: Togan Muftuoglu (toganm at opensuse.org)
Date: Thu Jul 18 18:48:10 EDT 2013

    Matthew> At Mon, 15 Jul 2013 23:17:08 +0200, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
    >> Maybe I have missed it but is there, or will there be a documentation
    >> showing the dependency of packages. Like package B requires A C and
    >> recommends F.

    Matthew> We'll need documentation to say which package provides a given
    Matthew> library.

    Matthew> I don't anticipate documentation for a package that says which
    Matthew> other packages it depends on, because that seems like an
    Matthew> implementation detail of the package. Similarly, the
    Matthew> documentation for a library does not specify what other libraries
    Matthew> it imports --- only the bindings that the library provides.

    >> As a side note I have a patch that puts all generated documentation to
    >> /usr/share/doc/packages as the Makefile 5.3.5 (also the previous ones)
    >> do not honor the command line given parameters to the make command. I
    >> can send the patch (which is trivial anyway) but I guess the when the
    >> system will be ready the whole Makefile will be different.

    Matthew> I think the new system is as ready as it's going to get without
    Matthew> further feedback, and my guess is that the problem hasn't been
    Matthew> fixed. Can you check with the latest?

I have some issues compared to 5.3.5 where it was easy to fix. This is not the
case with the current git HEAD

1. configure and Makefile should allow docdir parameter given at as an arg

generated documentation (ie. html pdf) and other docs (README License etc)
should be located in for opensuse /usr/share/doc/packages/PACKAGE-NAME since
documention can be packaged separately and the end user has the option of not
installing it/them.

2. collects path should be allowed for another location ie.
/usr/lib/racked/collects for opensuse should be /usr/share/racket/collects

Finally currently build system  can't complete the install stage

./racketcgc -cu "./collects-path.rkt" \
"/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/racket-5.6.0-0.x86_64/usr/lib64/racket/starter" \
/usr/lib64/racket/collects

vector-ref: index is out of range
   index: 2
   valid range: [0, 1]
   vector: '#("/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/racket-5.6.0-0.x86_64/usr/lib64/racket/starter"
              "/usr/lib64/racket/collects")

So at the moment I haven't been able to create a rpm package

the configure options are

%configure  --enable-shared \
--disable-static  --docdir=%_defaultdocdir/%name
--disable-strip --enable-places
--enable-lt="/usr/bin/libtool"

make

make install DESTDIR=/BUILDROOT/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}.x86_64

Thanks

Togan
--

  o    .o.    o     o_    o_    _o     _o   ,_o      o_