[racket-dev] Bash Completion Broken?

From: Vincent St-Amour (stamourv at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 9 12:23:56 EDT 2013

Bash completion for raco setup (in
pkgs/plt-services/meta/contrib/completion/racket-completion.bash)
is currently broken. It only completes collects that are in the core.
I haven't tried it, but I suspect that zsh completion is similarly
broken.

To find collects to complete, the script looks for subdirectories of the
directories listed in `current-library-collection-paths'. On my current
install, these directories are:

    /home/stamourv/src/plt/add-on/5.3.900.5/collects
    /home/stamourv/src/plt/racket/lib/collects

which doesn't include package-installed collects. The first directory
also doesn't exist.

Is this a bug in `current-library-collection-paths', or should the
completion script use something else now?

As a side-note, I think that plt-services/meta/contrib should be it's
own package, or maybe even three separate ones (completion, honu.vim and
rubber). If nobody objects, I'll do that.

Vincent

Posted on the dev mailing list.